These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
The information, images, and other material of any nature contained in this website, referred to below simply as “the Materials”, are protected by copyright and trade mark law. The Press Recognition Panel is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in this website, and in all Materials published on it.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, the Press Recognition Panel owns the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
- You must not without the Press Recognition Panel’s prior written consent:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose.
Any use of the Materials must be accompanied by an acknowledgement of the Press Recognition Panel as the source of the Materials and where appropriate the owner of the copyright in them.
- The Press Recognition Panel expressly reserves all rights in and to the domain names www.pressrecognitionpanel.org.uk, the Press Recognition Panel logo and corporate style, and all other related trading names and trademarks relating to the Press Recognition Panel. You may refer to the Press Recognition Panel’s domain name and organisation name for nominative or descriptive purposes only but may not use any other elements of the Press Recognition Panel’s corporate identity.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without the Press Recognition Panel’s express written consent.
The materials on this website are provided “as is” and the Press Recognition Panel makes no warranties, express or implied, relating to the quality or fitness for purpose of the Materials or of this website. In particular the Press Recognition Panel gives no warranty or undertaking that this website or the Materials will be free of errors, viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected.
The Press Recognition Panel does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Materials or otherwise relating to the Materials or on any sites linked to this site. Nothing posted on this website is intended as advice and it should not be acted on as if it were.
Access to this website may be suspended without warning, or it may be closed indefinitely, to carry out emergency or scheduled maintenance or for any other reason at any time. Any of the Materials may be out of date at any given time, and the Press Recognition Panel assumes no obligation to update the Materials.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights, and nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising through negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by us by law.
To the fullest extent permitted by law the Press Recognition Panel:
- shall not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your actions or inactions based on the materials and content available on this website;
- shall not be liable for any loss caused as a result of any actions or inactions of the materials and content submitted by other users;
- does not accept liability for any failure to maintain the website or late or failed delivery of any Materials; and
- will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or otherwise (including without limitation loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill or wasted management or office time), however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if the Press Recognition Panel has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
This website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than the Press Recognition Panel. These links are provided solely for the information and convenience of users. The operation of such websites is entirely outside the Press Recognition Panel’s control and you visit those websites you do so at your own risk.
Linking does not imply that the Press Recognition Panel endorses or sponsors the products, services or content you access or purchase through any linked site. You will be subject to the terms and conditions of use for all and any such linked sites. The Press Recognition Panel has no liability, howsoever arising, in respect of such linked sites, their content and operation.
You may link to our website, at your own risk, provided you do so for non-commercial purposes, and in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. It is your responsibility to check that links remain live. To avoid any doubt, you must not link to this website from a linking site which contains any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
You are not entitled to link to this website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by the Press Recognition Panel without our express written consent. You must not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice, or other information published on this website nor may this website be framed on any other site. The Press Recognition Panel reserves the right to withdraw linking permission at any time by notice to you.
The views and opinions featured in the tweets on this website reflect the personal views and opinions of the individuals writing them and are not necessarily views and opinions which are shared by the Press Recognition Panel. Links to or comments about third party websites, products or services (including recommendations and reviews) in tweets on this website should not be construed as an endorsement of such websites, products or services by the Press Recognition Panel.
If you find any content on the website to be in any way offensive, obscene, defamatory, racist, harmful, inaccurate, unlawful, illegal, infringing of any third party rights, deceptive in any way or otherwise in breach of our content standards, please notify us by emailing us a email@example.com using the subject heading “Unacceptable content”.
We take complaints seriously and on receipt of your complaint we may at our discretion remove or block access to the content complained of and will investigate whether the content breaches our content standards or these terms and conditions.
Privacy and your personal data
You agree to indemnify us, our group companies and our respective directors, officers, employees and keep indemnified from and against all claims, liabilities, losses and expenses suffered by such persons arising out of our use of your content and/or any breach by you or any of these terms and conditions.
Any claim relating to this website or the Terms shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.