This call for information has closed. A copy of IMPRESS’ updated application for recognition is available down the page.
IMPRESS’ origninal application and the first PRP call for information are also available.
The PRP has launched a second public call for information about IMPRESS’s application for recognition.
The first public call for information ran from 5 February 2016 until 4 March 2016, after the PRP received IMPRESS’s original application. The feedback received was provided to IMPRESS for them to consider, and following this, IMPRESS has provided a response and submitted some new and some revised documents.
The PRP has reviewed these documents and we have determined that they amount to a significant change to IMPRESS’s original application. Therefore, in line with our application process, we are giving the public and third parties the opportunity to read the new information and the revised elements of IMPRESS’s application and send the PRP any information that they are aware of that has not been included but which may be relevant to the recognition assessment.
This second call for information will last for 20 working days, from 4 May 2016 to 2 June 2016.
There is no need for respondents to repeat information provided as part of the first call for information. If you have provided feedback previously, it will still be considered as part of the assessment process (if it is relevant to the Charter criteria).
We would also remind applicants that as our Guidance for Applicants states, the call for information is not intended to be a general opportunity for third parties to assess or decide whether or not an applying regulator meets the criteria in the Charter. The call for information is an opportunity for third parties to share relevant information with us to inform our assessment. We will consider facts and evidence, not opinions or hearsay. The PRP Board will decide whether or not the applicant meets the criteria; this is not a role for third parties.
There are a number of ways to submit information to the PRP. Please include your name and contact details with your submission.
Please be aware that information you supply will be shared with IMPRESS so that they have the opportunity to respond to what you say and that it will be published externally at the end of the application process. Please see the Guidance for Applicants for information on how we will treat anonymised information, or contact us using the details below.
Press Recognition Panel
4 Winsley Street
London W1W 8HF
020 3443 7070
If you would like to submit information in person, or arrange a face-to-face meeting, please contact Susie Uppal, Chief Executive of the PRP on 020 3443 7072.
Once the call for information ends, IMPRESS will have 15 working days to provide a response to any of the points raised by third parties. Once IMPRESS’s final application is ready, the PRP will validate and verify it along with any additional information received. This will be followed by a meeting of the PRP Board, who will make the final decision on whether or not the application meets the requirements of the Charter. This meeting will be open to the public.
It is not currently possible to say how long the application process will take. Our priority is to ensure that the assessment is robust, transparent and thorough, and we will provide regular updates throughout the process.
IMPRESS: The Independent Monitor for the Press CIC Application to the Press Recognition Panel
New and revised documents are shown in bold.
- IMPRESS PRP Application Cover Letter
- IMPRESS PRP Application Contents List
- IMPRESS PRP Application Matrix
- IMPRESS PRP Call for Information Response Paper (new)
- IMPRESS letter to PRP 270416 (new)
- The IMPRESS Project Articles of Association
- IMPRESS CIC Articles of Association
- The IMPRESSS Project Board Meeting 191214 Minute
- IMPRESS Board Register of Interests (Revised)
- IMPRESS Board Meeting 6 Minute
- IMPRESS Board Meeting 7 Minute
- IMPRESS Board Meeting 8 Minute
- IMPRESS Board Meeting 9 Minute
- IMPRESS Board Meeting 10 Minute
- IMPRESS Board meeting 11 Minute
- IMPRESS Code Committee Terms of Reference
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Candidate Brief
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Letter of Appointment
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Meeting 1 Minute
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Meeting 2 Minute Redacted
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Meeting 2 Minute Un-Redacted [for PRP reference only]
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Meeting 3 Minute Redacted
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Meeting 3 Minute Un-Redacted [for PRP reference only]
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Meeting 4 Minute Redacted
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Meeting 4 Minute Un-Redacted [for PRP reference only]
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Meeting 5 Minute
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Protocol
- IMPRESS Appointment Panel Terms of Reference
- IMPRESS Board Recruitment Brief
- IMPRESS Board advertisement
- IMPRESS Board Lettter of Appointment
- IMPRESS Board Letter of Appointment #2
- IMPRESS Board Recruitment Pack
- IMPRESS Code Committee recruitment brief
- IMPRESS Regulatory Scheme (Revised)
- IMPRESS Regulatory Scheme Procedures (Revised)
- IMPRESS Regulatory Scheme Agreement (Revised)
- IMPRESS Business Flow
- IMPRESS Advisory Notice Request Form (Revised)
- IMPRESS Advisory Notice Template
- IMPRESS Advertising Content Definition
- IMPRESS Public Concern at Work Agreement (Revised)
- IMPRESS Publisher Reporting Procedure
- IMPRESS Executive Business Plan 2015-2020
- IMPRESS Operational Implementation Plan
- IPRT IMPRESS Funding Agreement
- IPRT IMPRESS Funding Agreement Signed [for PRP reference only]
- IMPRESS Publisher Application Form
- IMPRESS Induction Pack (including a revised version of the IMPRESS Compliance Checklist) (Revised)
- IMPRESS Annual Report Template
IMPRESS’s original application and supporting documentation are available online.